Believed my phone was bricked

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

GandolfsBeard
like: 0

Believed my phone was bricked

Postby GandolfsBeard » 17 Sep 2020 05:28

Hi I have an iPhone 8 Plus that I just updated to 13.7 having done a backup through iTunes with my last firmware. I'm a little sketchy of new firmware such as 14 which may have just released today and saw that to be sure you can revert back to ios 13 you had to get these SHSH blob data. So I saw yall had this software that would maybe do this for me. I followed the instructions and was trying to enter DFU mode. At first my phone kept restarting with a normal boot without DFU. Then all of a sudden it would not power in any way. The computer said it was in DFU though but I could not exit with yours or anybody else's instructions. iTunes said I would have to erase everything so I was at a loss for a minute until I went back to your software and went to Flash with retain data checked. Everything seems in order now (I hope?) Needless to say I may never mess with DFU again lol.

GandolfsBeard
like: 0

Re: Believed my phone was bricked

Postby GandolfsBeard » 17 Sep 2020 05:36

Also I still tried to get the SHSH data but would get a fail for "Querying for SHSH file on Apple Server" both with and without DFU but I saw there is maybe another method for getting that data without DFU so I'll probably do that lol.

Return to “Help & Support”