Disabled for 23 million minutes!?

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

HJSteve
like: 0

Disabled for 23 million minutes!?

Postby HJSteve » 07 Jun 2020 10:34

A year or two ago, my touch screen on my iPad was broken and made it difficult to enter the 4 digit pass code. After getting it wrong a few times, the iPad was disabled for a several minutes. While waiting, I believe that the real time clock somehow got reset (lost battery power?). The disable time changed to 23 million minutes. I'm guessing that the iPad uses an absolute date for the disable time rather than a timer (bad design Apple!).

I've tried flashing the iPad memory (with save user data) using both iTunes and 3uTools v2.39. While the flash succeeds, it doesn't seem to set the iPad time to the current time, it keeps the same time. Currently the date is Tuesday June 20 which isn't in 2020. I can't wait another 45 years to unlock my iPad and would really like to retrieve my data as I have no backup. Yes, I've learned that lesson now, always back up data!

If any 3uTools developers read this, can that be a feature that is added? It's one feature that many people, including me, would be willing to purchase if it is guaranteed to work. Google "iPad locked for millions of minutes" to see how many people have this issue.

Thanks for any ideas or feedback!

Return to “Help & Support”