Error restoring backup to iOS 11, iPhone X

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

mactmaster
like: 0

Error restoring backup to iOS 11, iPhone X

Postby mactmaster » 07 Nov 2017 01:32

I have made a backup, modified a single plist and now attempting to restore the backup however getting the error, "Digest didn't match for some files (MBErrorDomain/205) (error code: -105)." The change I made in the plist isn't reflected on the device.

I have Find my iPhone disabled on the iPhone. Is there anything else I need to be doing to get a modified plist to restore onto the device or is this not supported?

Grace Liu
like: 65

Re: Error restoring backup to iOS 11, iPhone X

Postby Grace Liu » 07 Nov 2017 08:53

Hello, friend. May I know when backup the iPhone X, what is the iOS version? And what is your current iOS version?
And the error is on 3uTools, it would better if you can offer a screenshot. And If you modified the backup file, you would probably fail to restore the backup file.

mactmaster
like: 0

Postby mactmaster » 07 Nov 2017 11:45

I am backing up from and to the same device, iPhone X running iOS 11.1

I am attempting to do something similar to the process in this article: How to Set Virtual Location on Unjailbroken iPhone except the file I am modifying is HomeDomain > Library > DataAccess > DeviceSpecificInfo

Are changes like the one mentioned in the linked article limited to the AppDomain? Is there any way to successfully restore a backup having modified a file on the HomeDomain?

Can't post a screenshot yet due to my post count.

Grace Liu
like: 65

Postby Grace Liu » 07 Nov 2017 14:47

Hello,
Thanks for your information. And the tutorial: How to Set Virtual Location on Unjailbroken iPhone only applies to iOS 7 - iOS 10. We would develop a tutorial for iOS 11 in the future.

Return to “Help & Support”