Hello Please help my my iPad is software IOS broken

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

zanaelf
like: 1

Hello Please help my my iPad is software IOS broken

Postby zanaelf » 24 Jul 2017 07:23

I had been using my iPad mini 2 for a while , it runs iOS, and I jailbroke with TaiG it back in the day to give it more function , such as iFile, bluetooth mouse and keyboard and so on. Well I had a cydia/jailbrake up called iLEX Rat, and it deleted my cydia app, including the terminal app, which iLEX Rat needs to run and all the tweaks(including icon customisations, dock customisations and coloured keyboard, now I am trying to restore my iPad. It would not do it in iTunes, since it ttys to force me to update the firmware, then it tries to force me to update my iTunes, and then the last thing it wanted me to to is update my OSX which I am not having. I would loose function in my art software.

I tried to rejailbrake it it TaiG simple English app and it fails, and thenPro application is all in Chinese and I don't know what to do, and its not showing in iOS8.4s

Then I found this software, hoping it would replace the firmware, and I won't mind re-installing all my apps and cydia apps.
So In this app i try to fix it by downloading the ipsw for it, because i can't mention the exact file name because this forum gives me the error : "You can't post a link when your total posts not over 20. Please check and edit your text again." :cry: , Go to pro Flash, Import the firmware, click Flash and wait for the progress bar to do its business. It reaches to Elapsed time 00:10:01 , then reboots, and it has not done anything, it still is running the same broken iOS, with the missing cydia app, and not a fresh version of iOS 4.8

I am really desperate to get this fixed, I just want to say hello, and I hope someone can help me with my dilemma. iFile still works, thank goodness if anyone knows any fixes on how to get cydia and the packages back, and get my iPad back into working order. :cry:
Much Love and Regards
Zana Elf

Grace Liu
like: 65

Re: Hello Please help my my iPad is software IOS broken

Postby Grace Liu » 24 Jul 2017 09:31

Hello dear, what is your current iOS version?
And for your information, if you flash your device, your device will not be jailbroken.

zanaelf

Postby zanaelf » 25 Jul 2017 01:48

Thank you very much for the reply, I did figure it out that it would remove the jailbrake, but I have the jailbrake tool on hand to rejailbrake it. However, I gave up on that plan A, and moved to plan B , by reinstalling Cydia via a deb in iFile, but i had to reinstall the missing tweaks and software. I only encountered issues with a specific repo, that it no longer is on a server for the modified colour keyboard for iOS 8 HD, since original developer had not updated it (i tried fooling iOS version in iFile for cydia, as a work around) which did not work either. Also same developer in recreating the colour keyboard, made iOS 6 apps for clock, calander etc , since like myself they hate flat design, is also unreachable. I have tweeted the developer, hoping to get a response, since they got fed up with flat design in iOS, and were able to recreate the apps. It is not a train smash missing these, as long as my iPad works again, I am so pleased, it could have been worse. I just dont recommend to use that iLexrat unless you know how to fix things again. I am keeping this software (3uTools) installed you guys made, and may come in handy in the future, if I am still using OSX Mavericks on my Macbook Pro ,and have to get a new iPhone/iPad where i can interface with it there in windows bootcamp, as I would be forced upgrade my itunes which fould force me to upgrade my OSX. Strange that in windows using an apple music/app/video manager in an Apple ecoystem has more retrictions than when running it in a windows ecosystem. Good piece of software worth safekeeping. It also has a jailbrake section linking to jailbraking tools, which is awsome and handy.
Anyway if ever I should have to have the need to flash my idevice in the future, would i have to flash it with the newer iOS (which i have a strong feeling it would work) ?

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 25 Jul 2017 09:07

So in a short word, you want flash your device.
Could you tell me what is your current ios version briefly?

zanaelf

Postby zanaelf » 26 Jul 2017 07:38

Hello, I did mention I had iOS8.4 on it in my first message, and wished at the time wished to flash with a clean iOS8.4 at the time, and then re-jailbrake it again, which was plan A, plan B was to manually fix it within the iPad itself and repair things iLEX Rat damaged. Plan B worked but plan A failed. But if ever I do wish to flash it in the future how would I do it, so that I would be prepared for the disaster.

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 26 Jul 2017 09:34

Dear, before you flash your devcie, you need to backup your device on 3uTools first. But you can not flash to iOS 8.4 now, Apple stopped the signing of iOS 8.4.

zanaelf

Postby zanaelf » 26 Jul 2017 10:06

I did that, made a backup with the tool, but a backup of the faulty device when it was fault before I had fixed it. You got to be kidding me, I thought this Apple signing was for restricting downgrades, not re-installing the same iOS version you already have on a device. That is rediculous... forcing one to upgrade when one does not wish to, because it would force one to upgrade their itunes, which that would nag for the entire OSX/macOS to be upgraded... which is more complicated if you don't wish to upgrade the MacOSX as some software wont work. It is like Apple saying you cant use your time machine, but have to upgrade, while losing programs you use every day to create your artwork. Some software developers cant keep up with the updates of the operating systems. They just release a new version to be compatible with an operating system, a couple months later a new version of the operating system is released.

Tiana11
like: 0

Postby Tiana11 » 27 Jan 2021 16:42

Hello, to save your iPad broken software, you may have to do system restore for mac. Related iOS repair tools such as TunesKit, Joyoshare UltFix can help you to do that without data loss. And to operate the software, only 3 simple steps are required.
Step 1: Connect your iPad and launch the program. Click the Start button and choose the Standard Mode.
Step 2: Download firmware package.
Step 3: Repair iPad software.

Return to “Help & Support”