Help in getting rid of "Other" garbage taking up space on iPad

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

zanaelf
like: 1

Help in getting rid of "Other" garbage taking up space on iPad

Postby zanaelf » 27 Jan 2018 07:30

Well thought I would lie in bed and watch a few movies on the iPad before heading off to bed, I usually use V player.
The iPad is an iPad Mini 2 (16GB) running iOS 8.04 Jailbrake.
Loaded them on via iExplorer. When I started watching the movies in MP4 format, the sound was not in sync with the video,the sound would not work in VLC or the default preview in iFile and the so I quit the app, and decided to deleted them on iExplorer. I should have used iFile. When I deleted them (which were +- 500MB each, 3 of them) The "Other" had grew about 500MB extra in size on top of the 2GB something . I have cleared the cache of VPlayer, installed CacheClearer via Cydia to to sort of manually clear cache, then I used the cleaning tool on 3uTools, still no luck... So what do I do ?
The iPad says I have 2.6 GB Free storage,
iFile says I have 2.8 GB Free, in Home.,
Itunes 11 on my Mac in Mavericks says I have 2.6 GB Free.
Itunes 12 on Windows says I have 3.10 GB Free
3uTools says I have 2.88 Of Data Space Free.
What do I do ?
I think in future I just use uTools for copying/moving files... but it is not convenient, since I have to boot into bootcamp/windows to use it.
Thank you, I hope you can help me with this.

zanaelf
like: 1

Re: Help in getting rid of "Other" garbage taking up space on iPad

Postby zanaelf » 27 Jan 2018 08:00

I found a fix... reinstalled V-player from Cydia , the free space grew to 4.2 GBs on my iPad. So some of the grunge was from videos i played over the years. You would think the clear cache in settings within the app would do this. :?

Return to “Help & Support”