How to change a playlisted .mp3 file labeled as "unknown"?

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

hneves
like: 0

How to change a playlisted .mp3 file labeled as "unknown"?

Postby hneves » 31 Mar 2018 23:39

Greeting,
This is my first posting attempt. It´s simple query i already stated it in the subject above. U3 tools is a most useful piece of software: i would not be able to stick to iphone as my main device if i had not become a frequent user of u3 tools -- beforehand i felt like just another puppet under Apple managed strings -- i still am, mainly concerning the much aggravating scene of double verification: password+code: these last one changing as dying fireworks, each time their used. I've collected until recently some 6 or 7 different six digits codes, only to realize when i try to make use of the last one, it changed into "incorrect verification code" -- so i had to gave up the use of u3 as a download and install tool for new apps. Nevertheless, i still use it for building up mp3 and mp4 playlists of imported files. The obnoxious scene i'm referring in this post tittle, is that some items in some of my playlists (mainly classic symphonic pieces of music) ended down to be labeled as "unknown". For example: 'BACH - Tocata and Fugue in C major', remained as such during few days until, some stupid program line deemed it better to be named "unknown". Forgive my terminology but this is such an enfuryating tagging manipulation!!! Unknown to whom? Under what criteria? Or is it just because Itunes, in its infinite moronic structure, does not recognize the existence of some Y. S. Bach's pieces?! And thus decided to call it "unknown" because 'big brother' knows best??!
Is there a kind u3 tools' soul caring to advise how can i mend such obnoxious scene?
Thanks, sincerely,
HN

kristine
like: 60

Re: How to change a playlisted .mp3 file labeled as "unknown"?

Postby kristine » 02 Apr 2018 10:10

Hello, this is 3uTools forum, welcome to join us, 3uTools~
Can you show me screenshot about the error? 3uTools can't recognize all songs.

hneves

Postby hneves » 02 Apr 2018 19:26

Thank you for your good attention.
And yes i can send you a screenshot of not one but of 10 small classic pieces (not songs but orq. music) labeled as 'unknown'. Only i can not foresee hereby: HOW to upload
the referred screenshot. I will email the said image to you if you provide me a feasible
mail addresse.
Regards,
HN

hneves

Postby hneves » 02 Apr 2018 19:38

It seems this form does not accept inserting .png images. Will try once more. Thanks, HN
Attachments
2018-04-02 12_13_08-3uTools.png
2018-04-02 12_13_08-3uTools.png (33.28 KiB) Viewed 13198 times
2018-04-02 12_13_08-3uTools.png
2018-04-02 12_13_08-3uTools.png (33.28 KiB) Viewed 13198 times

kristine

Postby kristine » 03 Apr 2018 14:37

Thank you for your reply, logically 3uTools will import/export the title automatically from your local file.
Could you please send us 1-2 original songs which arising the unknown error for testing purpose?

Here is our support email address: 3utools@gmail.com
We have Facebook and Twitter page, search 3uTools, you could find us
Hope we can help you to solve the problem :)

hneves

Postby hneves » 04 Apr 2018 02:48

Thanks for your good attention. i will try to get one feasible (sizewise) composition (as i said they're all small classic music mp3 -- mainly grabbed with the linux 'audacity' deb app, transcoding tracks from some of my own collection of recorded DVD major commercial tittles that i was offered -- exempl. gratia:«The Best of Romantic Classics -- DDD, Concert Digital Recordings- Sweden» and some others, of course... Reconsidering: perhaps i made some mistyping renaming their respective tracking and the metadata was wrongly displayed. Or perhaps NOT: some of my tittles show unashamingly terrible errors like Moussorgky or Sape or Faura but they display it clearly notwithstanding. WHY should some tittles be changed to "unknown", as i showed you, it's an obnoxious mistery -- and i dont really care to know the reasons why Apple or u3 tools so decided -- all i wanted was and is to get advise on a simple, 'non-time-consuming' way to rename them in a little more decent manner, even if with eventual errors -- and i very much praised u3 tools to enable me to do it.
Sincerely, HN

kristine

Postby kristine » 04 Apr 2018 11:01

Thank you for your support, we have received your email, and replied.
And we are 3uTools, not u3 tools :lol:

Please re-edit your song's title as we said in email.
reedit filename.png
reedit filename.png (186.09 KiB) Viewed 13163 times

hneves

Postby hneves » 05 Apr 2018 22:11

Never mind so many efforts: there's an application that allows one to delete, change or correct the labels spoiled by apple itunes or whatever -- that's TUNESGO from wondershare. That's it. And this is not a 'subtle lie' you oligophrenics of 3u or u3. Adieu.

Return to “Help & Support”