IOS 13.6 is Bypass MDM via Skip setup not permanent?

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Evoexe
like: 0

IOS 13.6 is Bypass MDM via Skip setup not permanent?

Postby Evoexe » 16 Aug 2020 17:24

To whom may be able to help,

I am trying to bypass the MDM on an Ipad 5th gen, it works untill the tablet is turned off and on then it starts the setup process again. is this likely a patch on apple side? and is it likely there will be a workaround in the future?

Thanks,
Evo

melisandrai

Re: IOS 13.6 is Bypass MDM via Skip setup not permanent?

Postby melisandrai » 04 Sep 2020 23:32

I have this issue as well, in 13.5.1 - i successfully - before connecting to wifi and activating, skipped setup, i then setup the phone with my account and wifi and downloaded 100 apps and i have been using it a few days. Last night while connect to power, the setup showed up. Like... maybe it rebooted in the middle of the night? Because the version is still 13.5.1 - i didn't upgrade it and it didn't upgrade itself.

3uTools, thinks i've already skipped setup. I'm pretty sure, i'd have to erase the phone and do this all over again. But the next time it reboots, i think this problem will exist.

Could the work around be to have a backup and restore? Have you since found a work around?

dusty

Postby dusty » 05 Sep 2020 04:11

I too have a question along similar lines.
My second-hand iPhone 7 is (I now find) locked with MDM. Can 3utools remove MDM, or can it only assist in bypassing MDM (albeit temporarily)? Thanks.

GaGalvão

Postby GaGalvão » 14 Sep 2020 01:17

melisandrai wrote:I have this issue as well, in 13.5.1 - i successfully - before connecting to wifi and activating, skipped setup, i then setup the phone with my account and wifi and downloaded 100 apps and i have been using it a few days. Last night while connect to power, the setup showed up. Like... maybe it rebooted in the middle of the night? Because the version is still 13.5.1 - i didn't upgrade it and it didn't upgrade itself.

3uTools, thinks i've already skipped setup. I'm pretty sure, i'd have to erase the phone and do this all over again. But the next time it reboots, i think this problem will exist.

Could the work around be to have a backup and restore? Have you since found a work around?

My Ipad was on 13.5.1 working fine after a few months bypassed with 3utools. Last night it updated itself (I let it to not update) and when I realized my Ipad was locked back to MDM and with 13.7 version.

Do you know if it's possible to downgrade to 13.5.1 or if it's possible to bypass 13.7?
When I connected on 3utools, the IDevice screen doesn't recognize my Ipad so I tried to flash it but it sopped on 9% saying some error related to the SHSH.
No clue what else I could be ding :(

meedmo

Postby meedmo » 18 Sep 2020 15:49

dusty wrote:I too have a question along similar lines.
My second-hand iPhone 7 is (I now find) locked with MDM. Can 3utools remove MDM, or can it only assist in bypassing MDM (albeit temporarily)? Thanks.

It bypasses the mdm. If u reset your phone or tablet you would need to bypass mdm again.

Return to “Help & Support”