Tigris Dev Team Working on an iOS 11 Jailbreak

All news about Apple

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Grace Liu
like: 65

Tigris Dev Team Working on an iOS 11 Jailbreak

Postby Grace Liu » 30 Jun 2017 11:12

I believe that all of iFans have been waiting for the new jailbreak for so long, but here is the good news.

Eminent tweak developer Antique Dev has just made a huge announcement.

Developer Antique Dev is known as a reputable tweak developer within the community. However, he is now planning to move onto security research and hacking.

Here’s a tweet from Antique Dev’s official Twitter handle.

twitter_screenshot.jpg
twitter_screenshot.jpg (20.32 KiB) Viewed 6664 times

He has already formed a dev team called “Tigris” comprising Antique Dev and other notable hackers and developers. Tigris Dev Team will be working to develop a jailbreak for the upcoming versions of iOS 11 firmware.

The upcoming Tigris jailbreak will be compatible with all 64-bit devices running iOS 11 firmware. It will be fully stable and semi-untethered at least.

The Tigris Dev Team also intends to port iOS 11 jailbreak to iOS 10.3.x if their exploits remain functional.

tigrisjailbreaktool-1.jpg
tigrisjailbreaktool-1.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 6666 times

The team also has some other members apart from the developers given above. They only have 2 iOS devices at the moment – iPod Touch 6G and iPhone 6.

The name “Tigris” is a reference to the codename of iOS 11 firmware, “TigrisSeed”.

Tigris Jailbreak release date
I wasn’t able to ascertain more details about this upcoming jailbreak. I don’t think they possess a 0-day exploit like Team Pangu.

Hopefully, Antique Dev will release a few more teasers and details before the jailbreak goes live.

Antique Dev is highly trusted and releases tweaks free of cost for the jailbreak community. However, Tigris Dev Team is a new team on the scene and hence it might take them some time to release a working jailbreak.

It’s still great to have a new team come forward and announcing a jailbreak because not many hackers are willing to work on a jailbreak now.

One thing is sure – we will be getting a jailbreak this time around.

Return to “Apple News”