Retain User data

How to use 3uTools Flash?

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Min04
like: 0

Retain User data

Postby Min04 » 03 Sep 2018 00:39

My ios is version 12 beta 9 and if update it to beta 12 and i clicked Retain Data user will it just update my ios? because my find my iphone is on and i forgot my icloud password and i cant Recover it, I don't know if it will ask for activation lock. Help plss

Grace Liu
like: 65

Re: Retain User data

Postby Grace Liu » 03 Sep 2018 09:08

You are not recommended to restore an iOS device that you don't know the iCloud password. After you flash, you may need to enter Apple ID and password to activate it.

RandyDigital
like: 1

Postby RandyDigital » 15 Sep 2020 12:14

It will not ask for your Apple ID. It will ask for your passcode. Just used the program to fix a boot loop locked iPhone X that had never been connected to iTunes or backed up on iCloud. Saved the family’s photos and booted up perfectly. (Problem caused by being maxed out on space)

WhizKhiz
like: 0

Postby WhizKhiz » 28 Mar 2021 22:27

RandyDigital wrote:It will not ask for your Apple ID. It will ask for your passcode. Just used the program to fix a boot loop locked iPhone X that had never been connected to iTunes or backed up on iCloud. Saved the family’s photos and booted up perfectly. (Problem caused by being maxed out on space)

I have exactly the same issue with my iPhone X. Phone went to boot loop after being maxed out on storage, however I tried updating the iPhone in iTunes by putting the phone in recovery mode, as per instructions on Apple forum. The update failed and phone is now stuck in recovery mode. According to Apple the only way to get the phone working is to do a factory restore which means I lose all my data! I don’t want this to happen but fear it may be to late to try the above now with success

Return to “Flash Tutorials”