How to Fix extra_recipe+yaluX Jailbreak Errors [FAQ]

How to use 3uTools Jailbreak?

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Grace Liu
like: 65

How to Fix extra_recipe+yaluX Jailbreak Errors [FAQ]

Postby Grace Liu » 26 May 2017 11:07

As you know, Luca Todesco just released extra_recipe+yaluX jailbreak(http://www.3u.com/tutorial/articles/2264/get-a-stable-iphone-7-7-plus-jailbreak-on-ios-10-1-1-with-extra-recipe-yalux). However, this jailbreak is still in early development stages so errors are to be expected. Here’s how to fix most of them.

image-2017-05-25-1-1.jpg
image-2017-05-25-1-1.jpg (61.25 KiB) Viewed 170174 times

Q1. Extra_recipe+yalux jailbreak is not working on my iPhone 7, how do I fix it?
A1. You can try the following fixes –
①Firstly, make sure you are using the latest beta 3 version. Follow this installation tutorial and then try opening it again.
②Hard reset your iPhone 7/7+ if it does not work on the very first try.

Q2. Extra_recipe application crashes the moment I launch it. Am I doing something wrong?
A2. No, just keep at it and try a few more times. It will eventually work. If it still doesn’t work, reboot your iPhone and then retry.

Q3. I was able to run extra_recipe_yalux on my iPhone but it got stuck on a white screen. What is the reason of this issue?
A3. If you get stuck on a white screen, your device may be in jailbroken mode. Just wait for a minute and then kill the application manually from App Switcher. Afterwards, try opening Cydia and see if it works.
①If Cydia opens, your iPhone is in jailbroken mode.
②If Cydia doesn’t open, your iPhone is not in jailbroken mode so try again.

Q4. What is the difference between mach_portal and extra_recipe+yalux?
A4. The main difference between these versions is –
①Substrate launch mechanism – extra_recipe+yaluX enables Substrate automatically whereas mach_portal doesn’t.
②Stability – extra_recipe+yaluX is more stable than mach_portal.

Q5. Does it enable substrate auotmatically?
A5. Yes, the latest beta 3 version enables Substrate automatically. However, if you are using the older version, you will need to enable it manually.
I highly recommend you upgrade to the latest beta as soon as possible.

Q6. Does extra_recipe+yalux support iOS 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 firmware versions?
A6. No, this version is only compatible with iOS 10.1 and 10.1.1.

Grace Liu

#Update: How to Fix extra_recipe+yaluX Jailbreak Errors [FAQ]

Postby Grace Liu » 26 May 2017 11:17

Q7. Is extra_recipe+yalux stable on iPhone 7?
A7. It’s more stable than mach_portal but you can experience bugs during the jailbreak process.

Q8. How do I know if my device is in jailbreak mode?
A8. If all goes well, you will get a black screen for a few seconds and then a Respring logo will appear.
After a minute, your device will be put in jailbreak state. If Cydia opens, you are good to go.

Q9. Do I first need to install mach_portal before using extra_recipe+yalux?
A9. Yes, installing mach_portal is a must. The extra_recipe+yaluX jailbreak does not install Cydia out of the box.
Using mach_portal first will ensure that you have Cydia installed on your iPhone.

Q10. Can I use it instead of yalu102?
A10. No, extra_recipe+yaluX is only meant for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus users on iOS 10.1 or 10.1.1. yalu102 is already quite stable.

Q11. Can I use cydia extender to install extra_recipe+yalux instead of cydia impactor?
A11. Yes, it’s perfectly fine to do so. Cydia Extender (Ext3nder) is just an on-device alternative to Cydia Impactor.

extender-installer-cydia-installer.jpg
extender-installer-cydia-installer.jpg (19.43 KiB) Viewed 170166 times

Q12. Extra_recipe+yalux jailbreak is not stable for me at all. Can I switch back to ijapija00's yalux?
A12. Yes, you can do so. However, I wouldn’t recommend doing so because it’s a bit unsafe. Moreover, Luca will push more updates soon.

anonymos
like: 0

Re: How to Fix extra_recipe+yaluX Jailbreak Errors [FAQ]

Postby anonymos » 09 Jun 2017 12:54

Tried jailbreaking my iPhone 4 using 3u tools but after succeeding in flashing iOS 6.1.3 and jailbreaking. After tethered boot, a pineapple logo appears for short time and then phone goes back to dfu mode. Is the phone bricked? Or there is anything I can do to fix this.
PS. My phone is not recognized by iTunes so cannot recover the device either.

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 12 Jun 2017 09:55

anonymos wrote:Tried jailbreaking my iPhone 4 using 3u tools but after succeeding in flashing iOS 6.1.3 and jailbreaking. After tethered boot, a pineapple logo appears for short time and then phone goes back to dfu mode. Is the phone bricked? Or there is anything I can do to fix this.
PS. My phone is not recognized by iTunes so cannot recover the device either.

You can join in our user group to have a discussion with 3uTools users:)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3uTools/

Onlyzen
like: 1

Postby Onlyzen » 03 Nov 2017 19:31

Try again a few more times. I know this sounds foolish but it works. It can take you even 30-40 tries to get it to work properly.

Onlyzen
like: 1

Postby Onlyzen » 09 Nov 2017 16:06

I’ve tried to jailbreak my i7 on 10.1.1 with no luck, i’ve tried it with both mach_portal and extra_recipe. The first time i downloaded extra_recipe b4 i got it to work after about 10 tries, however the springboard crashed 20 seconds after i opened cydia for the first time, and after that it just doesn’t work at all anymore. So after a bit of research i also tried all those tricks like using airplane mode and opening random apps and whatnot, when nothing of that worked i downloaded mach_portal, same thing here. I’ve tried this on both jailbreaks at least 50 times and it just doesn’t seem to work whatever i do. Can i somehow remove both cydia and the jailbreaks to do a fresh restart or what do i do? Sometimes i really feel like it should work because i got that circle thing spinning around which i also got when it was working the first time, but when i try to open cydia it just crashes.

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 09 Nov 2017 16:40

Hello, you can use cydia remover or cydia erasier to do a fresh. 3uTools does not support this function yet.

Wish you have a good day.

Return to “Jailbreak Tutorials”