Sorry, but Apple probably won't announce the iPhone 8 next month

All news about Apple

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Jacob Black
like: 70

Sorry, but Apple probably won't announce the iPhone 8 next month

Postby Jacob Black » 04 May 2017 11:06

A research note penned by a JP Morgan analyst suggests there's a "high likelihood" that the upcoming iPhone 8 will be announced at Apple's 2017 World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June, with a release in the fall.

This bucks every other report we've heard about the device's development and anticipated release schedule — and we've heard a ton — and seven years of precedent to boot.

Apple hasn't showed off an upcoming iPhone at WWDC since 2010, when Steve Jobs debuted the iPhone 4. (In recent years, new iPhones have been announced in September, although there might be a few slight delays this time around.)

1.jpg
1.jpg (45.27 KiB) Viewed 8369 times

The assertion isn't based on any insider info, or any information at all, really. There was no supply chain leak or internal anonymous source here, according to 9to5Mac, which obtained the note. Instead, the analyst based his claims—which are provided to the firm's investors—on nothing more than a hunch.

That's part of why it's so important that we keep track of all the developments we can about its production. So when analysts throw out less than informed guesses without much more than a hunch to back up their claims, it's frustrating.

As Lance wrote, the rumor cycle is arguably good for Apple. I can tell you it's good for #content, and it's good for everyone who loves getting excited about the flashiest new phones. But it turns sour when we flush it full of dodgy info.

You can go to 3uTools News to know more about iPhone 8: http://www.3u.com/news/

ParkPrince
like: 7

Re: Sorry, but Apple probably won't announce the iPhone 8 next month

Postby ParkPrince » 26 Jun 2017 18:23

So it won't launch in September? I've been waiting so long that my neck is almost the length as a giraffe.

Return to “Apple News”