Why Apple Employees Leak Company Secrets

All news about Apple

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Jacob Black
like: 70

Why Apple Employees Leak Company Secrets

Postby Jacob Black » 21 Jun 2017 09:50

Every day, I would look at my badge and feel the amazement of being an Apple employee on a mission with thousands of other really amazing, smart people around me.

I can fully understand how this emotion can feel overwhelming for some, especially younger people. The power and aura of Apple as a corporation seeps into every experience. It even extends to going to lunch at Caffè Macs where one routinely sees the idols of one’s youth sitting at a table nearby.

In my case, I came to Apple rather late in my career as a Unix expert, involved with marketing a brand new Unix-based OS called Mac OS X. Before that, I was with Lockheed Martin Astronautics, and I was familiar with keeping secrets. However, for someone who has never worked with corporate secrets before, the feeling of being part of something so huge and important can literally burst from one’s chest like a hungry Alien.

1.jpg
1.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 5234 times

How people respond to being given great power is a common subject in modern American life. In the case of Apple employees, daily working on campus and in amazing surroundings can lead to a tendency to want to share that importance. There’s, I believe, a psychological tendency to want to serve up that joy, some information, even secrets with a friend, a relative, or a spouse.

Apple goes to a lot of trouble to control and nourish its public image as a fascinating company full of delightful, easy-to-use products. What’s coming next, in secret, magnifies that perception to, sometimes, unbearable limits. It easily wears off on employees. No doubt, working at Apple Park, quite literally a starship in its design, will have an additional, enormous impact on the state-of-mind of every employee who works there.

Working for Apple is an honor, bestowed on only a few. With an adult perspective, the one described by Apple’s Director of Global Security David Rice, one comes to believe that it’s wiser to protect Apple than betray it.

View more Apple news : http://www.3u.com/news/

Return to “Apple News”