Awesome iOS11 Concept Shows What The Lock Screen Should Be

All news about Apple

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Jacob Black
like: 70

Awesome iOS11 Concept Shows What The Lock Screen Should Be

Postby Jacob Black » 17 Mar 2017 10:05

Apple is widely expected to unveil iOS 11 at WWDC 2017 in June. But if you can’t wait until then to see the next major iOS version, Matt Birchler has just posted an interesting iOS 11 concept focusing on some much-needed improvements to the lock screen.

1.jpg
1.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

Starting from the top, he imagines that Apple could easily add the current weather conditions and eventually move to complications on the lock screen which would be great.

2.jpg
2.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

Next would be a welcomed change to app notifications. Birchler explains more:

3.jpg
3.jpg (41.35 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

The biggest change here is that iOS 11 will bundle each app’s notifications together, so they are more manageable. iOS 10’s strictly chronological list of notifications makes no sense to me. This solution is very similar to what Android has had for about a year now and helps make triaging your notifications much easier.

4.jpg
4.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

Down the screen, he proposes the idea of smart notifications that could be triggered by a number of different variables like location, time, or activity.

5.jpg
5.jpg (35.77 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

My favorite idea is for Apple to give users access to certain third-party apps straight from the lock screen.

6.jpg
6.jpg (29.67 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

What do you think of Birchler’s ideas? While I think they look great, I’m afraid Apple may choose to leave the lock screen alone, for now to focus on other improvements.

Return to “Apple News”