Ipad air error 9 in iTunes and error (-1) in 3u Tools

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

ipadairflash
like: 0

Ipad air error 9 in iTunes and error (-1) in 3u Tools

Postby ipadairflash » 23 Jun 2017 20:17

Hi, I have an Ipad Air 1st Gen that I cannot restore.
I have tried every solution I have found without success:
I have changed USB port, lightning cable and PC
I have used older and the newest version of iTunes
I have removed the screen and disconnected every bit of hardware I could before restore
I have tried to flash in DFU mode in both iTunes and 3Utools and have downloaded several versions of the firmware, 10.3.1 and 10.3.2
The iPad is recognised by iTunes, it will enter and exit recovery and DFU. It charges normally and when it comes out of recovery it is in a boot loop.
3utools sticks at 20% (Checking file system)
iTunes shows Error 9
The restore reaches the recovery screen with the progress bar but the bar never moves before it times out.
I think it is a file system error and, just guessing, a corruption during the upgrade to iOS 10 where the file system was changed.
I am pretty technically minded but this has got me stumped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I tried to post the 3uTools log but got an error saying I could not post links. I went through the log editing everything that looked like a link but still got the error.
It's just not my day :)

Grace Liu
like: 65

Re: Ipad air error 9 in iTunes and error (-1) in 3u Tools

Postby Grace Liu » 26 Jun 2017 09:07

ipadairflash wrote:Hi, I have an Ipad Air 1st Gen that I cannot restore.
I have removed the screen and disconnected every bit of hardware I could before restore
I have tried to flash in DFU mode in both iTunes and 3Utools and have downloaded several versions of the firmware, 10.3.1 and 10.3.2
The iPad is recognised by iTunes, it will enter and exit recovery and DFU. It charges normally and when it comes out of recovery it is in a boot loop.
iTunes shows Error 9
The restore reaches the recovery screen with the progress bar but the bar never moves before it times out.
I think it is a file system error and, just guessing, a corruption during the upgrade to iOS 10 where the file system was changed.
I tried to post the 3uTools log but got an error saying I could not post links. I went through the log editing everything that looked like a link but still got the error.

Dear, if you try all the above solutions, but you still got error -1 in 3uTools. It maybe hardware issue on your device. You are suggested to get a repairman to check your device.

JillianHarris
like: 0

Re: Ipad air error 9 in iTunes and error (-1) in 3u Tools

Postby JillianHarris » 20 Sep 2019 18:44

ipadairflash wrote:Hi, I have an Ipad Air 1st Gen that I cannot restore.
iTunes shows Error 9

This could be a hardware issue. You can also try RecoveryTool Fix Recovery to solve the problem.

Return to “Help & Support”