[Request] Feature to auto retry to activate usb connected device periodically

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

XPloadED
like: 0

[Request] Feature to auto retry to activate usb connected device periodically

Postby XPloadED » 20 Jan 2018 20:49

Hi,
a days ago Apple messed up their signing servers and allowed downgrading to lower iOS Firmwares such as iOS 7, 8 and 9. Doing so without changing the device MAC adress first would result in the device not being able to activate after the restore. Just a few hours ago, A6/(x) devices started to be able to activate those devices anyways. It is unknown whether thats intentional or just another mess up from Apple. There are actually plenty of people stuck on activation lock on older Devices they dont primarily use and wait for an opportunity to eventually activate those.
Now that this random activation happened I think it would be a great addition to 3U tools to have the option to auto retry to activate like every 30 seconds or so. This way the devices could idle on the PC and if Apple ever starts activating those Devices (even only accidentaly for a few minutes) the device could activate.

I dont know if something like that is possible and would really appreciate a feature like this. The sooner the better (I mean the whole signing mess up was due to Apple messing up the signing service for A5 devices, possibly well see the same with device activation soon, now that Apple messed up A6 device activations).
Thanks for reading and tell me what you think.

kristine
like: 60

Re: [Request] Feature to auto retry to activate usb connected device periodically

Postby kristine » 22 Jan 2018 11:07

If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do. Check here:http://www.3u.com/tutorial/articles/4330/what-to-do-if-you-cant-activate-you-iphone

And we think the problem from Apple but we would consider your suggestion, thank you for your support ;)

XPloadED
like: 0

Re: [Request] Feature to auto retry to activate usb connected device periodically

Postby XPloadED » 25 Jan 2018 18:48

Yea its defenitly because Apple blocks iPhone activation on Phones (<iOS10) that previously have been activated on iOS 10. Just the fact that the iPhone 5 wasnt previously able to activate but now for whatever reason can I have hope there might be a window to activate it at some point. A auto activation system would be so awesome. I have an old replacement battery and I could just let it IDLE try to activate in the background. 100% would Donate you if this turned out to ever be succesful. Anyways a feature like this would be much appreciated (seen quite a lot of people on reddit in the same situation as me). Thans for considering!

Return to “Help & Support”