How do I activate my iPhone

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Rocketkit
like: 0

How do I activate my iPhone

Postby Rocketkit » 01 Aug 2019 20:06

The iPhone had an Apple ID that was blocked so we couldn’t sign out and the owner of the Apple ID couldn’t remember the answers to security questions. So we tried 4ukey, which removed (?) the Apple ID, so we logged in to a new Apple ID.

The iPhone couldn’t detect a sim and was always on “Searching”, so we decided to update the iOS through OTA. We downloaded the file but it will give an error saying unable to install update.

So we erased the phone and set it back to factory settings. We got stuck at the setup screen where it will not activate iPhone after the join WiFi screen.

I then restored the iPhone to iOS 12.4 via 3utools, since iTunes was gave an error 3630 (which I later found it to be “failed to copy preflight options”.). The issue persisted and now, it’s still stuck at the the “Unable to Activate” screen but now it says “No Service” with a warning sign by it instead of “searching”.

Connecting to iTunes, it gives “The iPhone ‘iPhone’ could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device”

On the Device information (using 3utools), it says “Unable to Read Data” for both IMEI, Baseband Version and Primary Number and Brickstate is set to True.

I saw someone say that without IMEI, you cannot activate the iPhone. Is there a way around this?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Lily Lee
like: 6

Re: How do I activate my iPhone

Postby Lily Lee » 20 Aug 2019 14:42

If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.

Check these things first

If your iPhone uses a SIM card, make sure that the SIM card is in your iPhone. Even without an active contract, your iPhone might need the SIM card to activate.

If an error says, "No SIM" or "Invalid SIM";

Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier.

Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.

Restart your iPhone.

Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.

Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.

Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.

If asked to sign in with an Apple ID during activation, learn about Activation lock.

Still need help? Please keep reading.

Follow these steps

Check the list on the System Status page. If the box by iOS Device Activation isn't green, try to activate your iPhone later.

If asked to enter your password as you activate your iPhone, enter the password. (A password prompt means that Activation Lock might be enabled in Find My iPhone.)

Restart your iPhone.

If you're using a cellular data connection, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network instead.

If you still can't activate, here's how to activate your iPhone through iTunes or 3uTools instead:

Make sure that you have the latest version.

Check that your computer has an Internet connection.

iTunes:

Open iTunes on your computer. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer.

Wait while iTunes detects and activates your iPhone:

If iTunes shows, "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means that iTunes activated your iPhone.

If an error in iTunes says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

You can refer to this 3u tutorial: http://www.3u.com/tutorial/articles/433 ... you-iphone

3uTools:

Go to Flash & JB > Pro Flash, and then click Activate on the right bar.

claudia
like: 5

Postby claudia » 19 Oct 2020 10:30

Save contacts and content on your old phone using the Transfer Content info.
Power both phones down.
Caution To properly activate the new device on the network, ensure both phones are powered down.
If necessary, insert the SIM card into the new phone.
Turn the new phone on then follow the on-screen Setup Wizard instructions to activate and set up your new phone.
Restore your content to the new phone using the Transfer Content info.
If you cannot activate your iPhone:
1. Reinsert SIM Card or Change Another One
2. Check the Network
3. Use TunesKit iOS system Recovery tool to fix without data loss.
4. Check the Activate Lock
If it is a second-hand iPhone, the Activate Lock may be working. You can contact the last owner of this iPhone and let them remove this iPhone from their account. You can call also the AppleCare with the evidence that you own this iPhone at present.

Tiana11
like: 0

Postby Tiana11 » 23 Oct 2020 17:16

If it is the activation on your iPhone, you can first force restart your iPhone, then check your SIM card. If they don't work, try to use professional iOS tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery and so on to deal with it.

Return to “Help & Support”