iPhone 7 - fails to restore

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

retroisbest
like: 0

iPhone 7 - fails to restore

Postby retroisbest » 20 Aug 2019 22:03

Hi there,
I have an iphone 7 (this phone has never had a repair so has a genuine screen and home button)

This morning when powered on i noticed it hasked to be plugged into the computer so it could be restored by itunes, itunes fails to restore this iphone as it stays on "Verifying software update" and no matter how long i leave it it does not change, the phone progress bar does not change. Trying in DFU mode also does the same thing.
Using the 3utool progress stops as 20% "sending FDRTrustData".

Any help would be greatly apreciated, the phone looks brand new and has never been dropped and working correctly previously.

thanks!

retroisbest

Re: iPhone 7 - fails to restore

Postby retroisbest » 20 Aug 2019 22:10

retroisbest wrote:Hi there,
I have an iphone 7 (this phone has never had a repair so has a genuine screen and home button)

This morning when powered on i noticed it hasked to be plugged into the computer so it could be restored by itunes, itunes fails to restore this iphone as it stays on "Verifying software update" and no matter how long i leave it it does not change, the phone progress bar does not change. Trying in DFU mode also does the same thing.
Using the 3utool progress stops as 20% "sending FDRTrustData".

Any help would be greatly apreciated, the phone looks brand new and has never been dropped and working correctly previously.

thanks!

Have tried different computers, multiple original usb cables, different internet connections.

Mokola

Postby Mokola » 22 Aug 2019 01:43

Hi there,
kindly try to download the firm ware separately instead of using the iTunes tool. After downloading the software from authorized website you should first open the downloaded software that will take you directly to iTunes tool platform for you to load the soft ware in your lovely phone. You can use this site IPSW Downloads to download all Apple product software's.
Thanks
Mokola

retroisbest

Postby retroisbest » 22 Aug 2019 15:55

I have tried numerous ipsw downloads, they all fail and get stuck at 20%

this was found in my itunes log

Code: Select all

[12:02:48.0147] amai: AMAuthInstallBundleCopyBuildIdentityForVariant: No baseband chipid reported. Will match Build Identity based on ap chipid and boardid only.
[12:02:48.0150] amai: AMAuthInstallBundleFDRSupported: FDR is supported for this device
[12:02:38.0944] amai: AMAuthInstallBundleCopyBuildIdentityForVariant: No baseband chipid reported. Will match Build Identity based on ap chipid and boardid only.

and then it gets stuck on the below and never proceeds

Code: Select all

[12:03:26.0879]   Started checkpoint id: 0x61A

I'm guessing that it could be a logic board issue now?

Lenwemo

View first unread post

Postby Lenwemo » 30 Aug 2019 11:40

Thanks very much everyone. I will try again. I removed Google Earth when I could not access Street View but I will re-install. Maybe I have to install it to also get Street on Google Maps.

cheers.

claudia
like: 5

Postby claudia » 02 Nov 2020 11:58

Hi, I guess it is the iOS system's problem which makes iTunes failed. You should check the internet connection. Has your iTunes been updated to the latest version? You also can try to hard reboot your iPhone. Use some other tools that can help, like TunesKit iOS System Recovery.

TraSappy

View first unread post

Postby TraSappy » 05 Nov 2020 22:43

does it to me also.

if i dont come on for a few days then read my messages first. then go onto view posts since last visit there all gone :twisted: :twisted:
Attachments
114.gif
114.gif (3.24 KiB) Viewed 14846 times

phonelab

Postby phonelab » 06 Nov 2020 02:12

Post full log with screen shot

Return to “Help & Support”