PLEASE HELP! full storage iPhone Xs shuts down, u3tools failed - unable to restore iDevice

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

SaveMyData
like: 0

PLEASE HELP! full storage iPhone Xs shuts down, u3tools failed - unable to restore iDevice

Postby SaveMyData » 06 Aug 2020 14:54

I need your help as soon as possible.
My iPhone alreted my storage is full, so I started to delete some photos and apps. Since I saw it wasn't acutally deleted, I turned it off. When I tried to turn it on, the apple logo showed and the phone got stuck on it.
I've tried to force turn off and try to turn on, tried to update using iTunes which didnt work (because I have no storage to store thr update). I tried to fix this using 3utools but it failed as well!
failed at 39% - "ERROR - Unable to restore iDevice (-14)"
I haven't found any tutorial that explains about this error.
I really need help with it, I simply cant lose my data! :(

HaCKeRReKCaH

Re: PLEASE HELP! full storage iPhone Xs shuts down, u3tools failed - unable to restore iDevice

Postby HaCKeRReKCaH » 14 Aug 2020 19:02

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I think your data is gone. I am in the exact same boat. Storage issues, nothing was deleting... tried a reboot and the phone never came back on properly again. Just kept rebooting at the apple logo. Tried update via itunes and it erros with error 14. 3uTools does the same thing at 38% it is unable to write to the disk and fails.
In all my google searches, it seems that there is no known fix for this. Even Genius bar said it needs to be restored from a backup to resolve.

JulikUA

Re: PLEASE HELP! full storage iPhone Xs shuts down, u3tools failed - unable to restore iDevice

Postby JulikUA » 22 Sep 2020 20:20

Any news or updates on this thread? Did someone got any luck repairing from this situation? I have the same issue and stuck having many options explored with no success yet.

Just came across similar thread at stackexchange com - sounds like it's quite widespread issue impacting many people; possibly marketing defect, forcing Apple's customers to rely on iCloud more and more.

claudia
like: 5

Postby claudia » 28 Sep 2020 09:54

Since your iPhone stuck in the apple logo, too. Maybe you can use the way to fix my iPhone stuck in apple logo. These are the methods I used.
You can Force Restart iPhone. Press and hold the Power button and Home button together until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. You can also use iOS System Recovery software, like TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix, which can fix iOS system problems without data loss.
Put Your iPhone into Recovery Mode or put Your iPhone into DFU Mode.
You can try force restart the iPhone first. Press and hold the Power button and Home button together until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Put Your iPhone into Recovery Mode. If that does not work, put it into DFU Mode. Still does not work. Use iOS System fix software like TunesKit iOS System Recovery, which can fix iOS system problems without data loss.

Really hope these can help.

AranGe
like: 1

Postby AranGe » 01 Oct 2020 05:14

Any update on this?

JohnGraves

Postby JohnGraves » 03 Feb 2021 21:42

Update macOS and iTunes, use a trusted USB cable and another USB port, restart everything and try reinstalling iOS. For more help regarding iTunes issues, this guide can help.

n6600

Postby n6600 » 08 Feb 2021 03:27

my iphone 8 was full and I have tried flashing it but it stuck at 60% and states "unknown request personalized data" for 4 hours with the Apple sign and the progress bar. I unplug it and plug it back, my phone is back to "restore screen", I then chose "exit recovery mode". The iPhone went black and now I couldn't turn it on, I have tried hard reset and the DFU combo buttons and nothing works, I am 100% sure it is not a hardware issue. I need help to turn on my iPhone. Please anyone?

Return to “Help & Support”