My iPhone cant complete Restore process while in boot loop.

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Nick77
like: 0

My iPhone cant complete Restore process while in boot loop.

Postby Nick77 » 19 Sep 2020 03:36

Hello team ! My XR is boot looping the past few days . After installing the iOS 14 update , my phone turned off , and only booted up the next day through countless hard resets and iTunes restores . This happened twice ( successful boot up ) , and the second time I tried backing up , storage was full and I bought a memory extension . Then it just shut down , and now it won't boot up again . I tried iTunes restore , even dfu mode , nothing , my phone just cuts to black while restoring and the process is interrupted . Then I tried using 3uTools , downloaded the iOS 14 firmware , and chose the quick flash . It goes to about 20% and then my phone cuts to black from showing the iTunes restore screen , and almost immediately shows it again , but the whole procedure is again interrupted . What should I do ?

tojaert
like: 1

Re: My iPhone cant complete Restore process while in boot loop.

Postby tojaert » 03 Oct 2020 17:10

hello Nick77 and all,

according to my experience, your XR has been water flooded before . Install process of new version of system software uses different hardware resources. Often, running damaged circuits causes restarts or system boot loops. Find good repair shop in your loco, opening a phone and checking water sensors will cost very cheap (then you'll decide what will do next). What is certain is that no paid and free apps will help you. Anyway, these do nothing else that you cannot do yourself for free in iTunes.

claudia
like: 5

Re: My iPhone cant complete Restore process while in boot loop.

Postby claudia » 26 Oct 2020 11:03

If your problem is from the hardware, like the water problem, I think asking for Apple's official customer service for support would be the best solution. But before you do that I think you can try to fix it by yourself. You can use TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix. This tool will not cause data loss. So, even if you do not back up your info, it is ok.

Return to “Help & Support”