Backup files still showing in backup viewer after deletion

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

BapeTW
like: 0

Backup files still showing in backup viewer after deletion

Postby BapeTW » 26 Nov 2020 12:46

Hey there, so I am currently trying to restore my iPhone from a backup which has some deleted .plist files (like cydia preferences and stuff) because Pokemon GO has added new detection for these files that persist through backups/restores.

I have gone through and tediously deleted each and every jailbreak related .plist file from my backup by going into the backup viewer, navigating to HomeDomain->Preferences, opening up the jailbreak .plist files, finding them where my backup is stored on my computer, and deleting them.

After deleting these files, the .plist files still show up in the 3utools backup viewer but give me an error when I open them because I deleted them. Thinking these were deleted, I went to restore my phone and about 75% of the way through the restore my iPhone 12 iOS 14.2 reboots and I am given no error code or nothing and after backing up again, the jailbreak .plist files are still there.

I was thinking this could be a cache issue with 3utools but deleting the original backup with deleted .plist files and making a new copy of it didn't take the .plist files away from the backup viewer.

I'm using the latest version of 3utools, anyone know what could be going wrong here? My next step is going to be to restore my iPhone and then restore from the backup with the deleted .plist files and see if that works.

Return to “Help & Support”