3 Easy Steps to Secure Your iPhone From Hackers and Thieves

Tutorials about 3uTools and iOS. A place for you to learn more about iOS.

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Grace Liu
like: 65

3 Easy Steps to Secure Your iPhone From Hackers and Thieves

Postby Grace Liu » 27 Apr 2017 15:58

This is about a few simple tricks and ways that can help you secure your iOS devices: iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Start With the Basic: Use a passcode
Setting up a unique passcode for your iOS device should be your first priority. In fact, when you setup your iPhone or iPad, the device should recommend you to add a passcode.

In case you ignore that message, here’s how to go back without starting over.
1. Open your Settings app
2. Go to Touch ID & Passcode
3. Select “Turn Passcode On”

By default, the passcode will contain six-digit. However, you also have the option to make it shorter (four-digits) or use a custom alphanumeric code.

The Power of iCloud and Find My iPhone
Turning on the passcode option isn’t just enough. We also need to enable Find My iPhone as well. Again, this option was even prompted to you when you setup the iPhone but if you skip it, there is still time to turn the setting on.

If Find My iPhone is enabled while your device was stolen, you can quickly go on iCloud.com, login using your Apple credentials, and choose the Find iPhone icon. From there, you have a few actions to choose from, these include.

*Play Sound: Jam a super loud sound for two minutes.
*Lost Mode: This makes it possible to locate your device even if someone turned off location services.
*Erase iPhone: In case you can’t find the phone, this will erase all content and settings.
Ultimately, this setting is helpful to track your iPhone when someone stole it and take action against thieves who want to steal your information.

Jailbreak Tweaks to Protect your iPhone
*PickPocket

pickpocket-tweak.jpg
pickpocket-tweak.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 10671 times

PickPocket is a free Cydia tweak developed by Ziph0n, who recently received the Jailbreak Awards 2015 and also a moderator on Reddit.

*iGotYa
iGotYa is a paid jailbreak tweak that allows you to potentially see who took your iOS device and track that person down. When a thief entered the wrong passcode, your iPhone will use the front camera and take a picture, so kinda like a selfie of the person who stole your phone.

*BioProtect

lock-iphone-apps-bioprotect.jpg
lock-iphone-apps-bioprotect.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 10671 times

Have you ever looked at your friends, nephew or anyone close to you as a thief? I mean there are certain applications they should not be exposed to or even checked out in the first place on your iOS device.

*Polus

polus-disable-airplane-mode.jpg
polus-disable-airplane-mode.jpg (16.63 KiB) Viewed 10671 times

Even though you can put a restriction on the power down feature so that the location of your thief can be located, if the thief is smart enough, he or she will enable Airplane Mode. This trigger the device to become untraceable.

This can be resolved using Polus, a Control Center tweak for your iPhone that provide the feature to restrict Lock Screen access. In other words, you can remove Airplane Mode, Brightness, and other features from Control Center anywhere outside of your home screen.

*IfFound3
IfFound 3 make it easier for someone who found your iPhone to return it back to you. What it does is displaying your information on the lock screen. Thus, the person will know how to get in touch with you and give the device back.

iffound3-cydia.png
iffound3-cydia.png (38.21 KiB) Viewed 10671 times

RichardGhval
like: 1

View first unread post

Postby RichardGhval » 28 Apr 2017 21:57

Big Thanks DaWa

I understant now why I cant post correctly
it was just a little diference with Frensh forum and now
with your help
all is good

kristine
like: 60

Re: 3 Easy Steps to Secure Your iPhone From Hackers and Thieves

Postby kristine » 04 May 2017 13:44

All ok, just post something you want to share, but in a right section. Check this link: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5160&p=14124#p14124

Return to “Tutorials”