How to Fix an Error Occurred Installing iOS 10.3

Tutorials about 3uTools and iOS. A place for you to learn more about iOS.

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Jacob Black
like: 70

How to Fix an Error Occurred Installing iOS 10.3

Postby Jacob Black » 30 Mar 2017 11:40

A couple days ago, Apple just officially released the new iOS 10.3, which introduces some amazing new features like the Apple File System, Find My AirPods, Apple ID Profile Page, and it can also fix some bugs in the previous iOS version. So as an Apple fan, you must be quite eager to give iOS 10.3 a try. However, many users encountered the unable to install update problem when they are trying to update their device to the new iOS 10.3, and no matter what they do it just keeps telling them “An error occurred installing iOS 10.3”.

Although we can’t explain why is this error happening, it’s one of the most common issues as we know, appeared when we want to download and install the newest iOS version. And fortunately, there are still some solutions for us to tackle this problem. So keep reading and you’ll find the answer.

Related: How to Fix iPhone or iPad Stuck on “Verifying Update” During iOS 10.3 Update? http://www.3u.com/tutorial/articles/176 ... 103-update

Method 1. Reset Network Settings.

Sometimes the network environment would lead to the failed installation, so you can rule out this factor first by checking and resetting your network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings.

Method 2. Force a Restart on Your Device.

Sometimes, forcing a restart on your device just might do the job. So if your update fails, you can try this simple method. And for some users, it seems to work: Press and hold both the power button and the Home buttons and continue holding until the Apple logo appears.

Method 3. Close Settings App and Wait for Some Time.

If you have retried but nothing works, maybe you can try refreshing your Settings app or just wait for some time rather than rush to the upgrade. To close the Settings App you should: Double tap your Home button > Swipe up on the Settings app until it slides out of view. Next you can try to install the update again: Tap Settings and go to General >Software Update.

Method 4. Turn Off Wi-Fi and Switch to the Cellular Data.

The same problem occurred when users want to upgrade to iOS10.3 beta 1. However, people found out that if they download the beta profile via Wi-Fi, then switch to the cellular data when the Install Now button appears, it would update successfully. So maybe the same method can be also applied to this problem, just don't hesitate to give it a try.

Method 5. Update Device with 3uTools.

If none of above ways works, you can try to update your device with 3uTools from your computer:
* Install V2.10 3uTools on your computer and launch 3uTools.
* Plug in your device.
* Click on Flash & JB → Flash.
1.png
1.png (61.6 KiB) Viewed 102414 times

Lenwemo
like: 0

View first unread post

Postby Lenwemo » 31 Aug 2019 09:43

Is it possible to do this? What the are other files that I have to edit/create?
public function __constructcontrollerId, moduleId, uniqueLayoutId, model, params parent::__construct3, 1; this->setViewnew ??? // I have no idea what to put here... this->setViewnew TitleBarView strvalmodel, 0, 0;...

blackshady
like: 0

Re: How to Fix an Error Occurred Installing iOS 10.3

Postby blackshady » 18 Oct 2019 17:24

Last time one of my friend got his phone stuck in the white screen, he tired reboot and hard reboot the phone, both of which didn't work out.
Then I use the TunesKit iOS System recovery to fix the problem, and the phone back to normal again. Most importantly, no data was lost.

Return to “Tutorials”