Retrieving Info from 3uTools Backups

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

misserks
like: 0

Retrieving Info from 3uTools Backups

Postby misserks » 02 Nov 2017 16:09

Hello, I tried to search for this information prior to submitting this post so I do apologize if this information already exists somewhere in forum.. Anyway, I backed up my iPhone with 3uTools a few times and it seems I can find almost any bit of information that was on my phone, however, I am having some trouble locating some information that I thought would be easily found in stored backups? I have a horrible memory so usually I store my username and passwords in the safari section within settings app. Can someone please let me know if this information is accessible through 3uTools backups??? If so, can you list the steps I may take to retrieve this information and thanks so much for your help! :( :? :cry: :shock: :(

Grace Liu
like: 65

Re: Retrieving Info from 3uTools Backups

Postby Grace Liu » 02 Nov 2017 18:17

What username and password?
And you can try to restore this backup file to see if the content exists on your iPhone.

misserks

Postby misserks » 03 Nov 2017 15:01

Hi Grace & thank you for the quick reply! Are you asking me to provide my iCloud credentials when asking what my username and password are?? :D :o
In response to the second portion, I did think about restoring with this backup, however, I have a more recent ios on my phone and I don't think it will allow me to revert back to an older ios. I'm on 10.1.1 and the backup is 9.3.1 ios?
Other than restoring my phone with the backup that has all the usernames & passwords, is there another way to obtain this information? Perhaps, a file path may lead one to this information?
3uTools is an awesome tool by the way! :mrgreen:
thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 06 Nov 2017 09:02

misserks wrote:Hi Grace & thank you for the quick reply! Are you asking me to provide my iCloud credentials when asking what my username and password are?? :D :o
In response to the second portion, I did think about restoring with this backup, however, I have a more recent ios on my phone and I don't think it will allow me to revert back to an older ios. I'm on 10.1.1 and the backup is 9.3.1 ios?
Other than restoring my phone with the backup that has all the usernames & passwords, is there another way to obtain this information? Perhaps, a file path may lead one to this information?
3uTools is an awesome tool by the way! :mrgreen:
thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Sorry for my unclear question. My question should be "what kind of passcode"
I want to know if this password and username is iCloud. If it is, then 3uTools can not help you to recover it in your backup files.
Thanks for your support.

misserks

Postby misserks » 06 Nov 2017 15:56

Hi Grace,
Okay, my apologies as well for not being clear. The username and passwords that i'm trying to retrieve are not iCloud related. In the Safari settings of an iPhone (depending on which ios the device is running) there is an area in which you can store your usernames and passwords to various accounts, anything from emails and different websites. So, 3uTools backs up the device and I thought maybe there was a certain way to pull this data from the backup using 3uTools. Kind of confusing but if you could follow these steps on your own iphone to see what information I am describing, I think you might know if 3uTools pulls this information and stores it someplace in the backups. Sorry if I'm confusing you. I just really need help to access this information. If you could, I would greatly appreciate it.. Access settings on iPhone, scroll down into you see "Safari" (in between "compass" & "news"), then while in Safari, under "General" the first tab should be "Passwords". If you've never accessed this before on your iPhone, it'll have only one option and thats "Add Password". then you'd add the website, username, and a password. I don't know many people that use it but up until recently, I used this feature. Sorry if tmi... I'm just wondering if and where 3uTools would save this information and how might i access it.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, I greatly appreciate your help! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 06 Nov 2017 17:31

Thanks for your support.
I understand your meaning now. You mean you signed some websites on Safari, and after restoring the backup file, can you find the username and password in backup files? Sorry if I get the wrong understanding.
I am sorry to tell you that you can not get the username and password in the backup files.

Maybe you can restore it from iCloud if you turned on keychain for Safari before you restore.

misserks

Postby misserks » 09 Nov 2017 15:10

Hi Grace, Yes. Since it is information you have to manually store in the settings app in iphone, I believed that this was something you'd be able to retrieve since you are basically manually entering the information yourself, similar to the process like creating/entering a new contact, calendar entry, or even inputting information in the notes app. I thought for sure it is in there somewhere since this is kind of important information that you are storing in your device. Thanks for all your help.. I will keep researching a little more before giving up lol. thanks again Grace!

Grace Liu

Postby Grace Liu » 09 Nov 2017 16:41

You are welcome and good luck.

Return to “Help & Support”