iPhone 7 Disabled

For all questions & answers about 3uTools and iOS

Moderators: Lily Lee, jc_3u, Moderators

Ducati996
like: 0

iPhone 7 Disabled

Postby Ducati996 » 10 Jul 2019 21:01

Hi all, thank you for taking the time to read this. I have a bit of a dilemma and wondering if you could help.
My girlfriend dropped her iPhone on the floor last week and the screen broke completely. However they way it broke, the touchscreen was pressing down on something on the screen so it was randomly entering numbers for her passcode. She tried to shut it down but the screen was not registering any of her inputs to swipe shutdown. Of course the phone eventually got locked and shutdown once the battery finished.
Now we got the screen fixed, she knows what her passcode is, knows her iCloud / Apple ID etc but obviously with the phone disabled iTunes is only giving the option to restore to factory settings. Unfortunately she's not tech savvy at all and pretty much has no back up for the last year after her iCloud storage reached maximum capacity.
She desperately does not want to loose her photos, contacts and calendar. Would flashing the phone using uTools, while checking keep user data allow her to login to the phone again and retrieve her data?
Many thanks.

Ducati996

Re: iPhone 7 Disabled

Postby Ducati996 » 12 Jul 2019 07:15

Meaning would that allow her to then enter her passcode or AppleID to access the phone?

gtplaya818

Postby gtplaya818 » 03 Sep 2019 05:10

I have the exact same problem with my iPhone 6+

I remember the passcode but it kept restarting everytime I put it in. Now also stuck on iPhone is disabled / connect to iTunes but don't want to lose my data.

If there's a way to backup while the phone is disabled or a way to let me reput in the passcode - or any other solutions so I don't lose my data, any of that will work.

Also, I was out of country with this phone so I have unfortunately never plugged it into iTunes before now :(

BeJimmieBof

View first unread post

Postby BeJimmieBof » 05 Sep 2019 22:45

Thanks so much for this enticing tidbit Please post more details when you get time. So happy to hear Johnny wasnt nervous. AND HOW WAS The Libertine??????

youtubersuper

View first unread post

Postby youtubersuper » 13 Nov 2019 01:59

I love the site.
When I open the forum up, I always just check the new posts, and work my way from the last page up to the most recent post. I then check for new posts that have come in while I have been reading.

But I have been wondering if you can add the first unread feature to the new posts page?
I know you have the last page link, but I was just wondering if you could put the first unread on the newposts page, just to save me a step. petty gripe I know, its an efficiency thing

Thanks Alex

Tiana11

Postby Tiana11 » 20 Jan 2021 17:30

Hello, to fix a disabled iPhone, there are 3 ways including applying an ios repair tool, restoring iPhone via iTunes and using iCloud. See more details on Top 3 Methods to Fix a Disabled iPhone.

lauratina

Postby lauratina » 25 Feb 2021 14:33

Hello, you could try these to fix the disabled iPhone:
1. Restore iPhone via iTunes, when connected the device, you can click Summary > Restore iPhone on iTunes's interface. Notice: This will cause data loss and it is advised that you should back data up.
2. Fix disabled iPhone through an ios system recovery software. Joyoshare UltFix can help you achieve that without any data loss and there are only a few clicks.

Return to “Help & Support”